- March 11, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: The Union`s Voice
Ethiopian Airlines Basic Trade Union Executive Committee members and Labor Relations employees visited the new Catering Facility on 5th of November 2016. The visit has been coordinated by the Operational HRD of Ethiopian Catering.
On the occasion of the visit, Ato Habtom Naigzi, Mgr HRD and Finance of Ethiopian Catering has welcomed the Executive committee members and made opening speech and explained the various sections of the facility starting from Raw Materials Receiving section to Packing of the finished food. The new building of Ethiopian Catering Facility accommodates various sections including Receiving and Stores, Production (Hot & Cold Kitchen), and Packing sections which are furnished with state of the art equipment and Machineries.
The visit included Lunch Ceremony accompanied by discussions with Shop Stewards of the division on some HR issues including;
1. Manpower Shortage in some sections such as Hot Kitchen, Cold Kitchen and Equipment Maintenance
2. Wastage of Production time as some sections are far away from subsequent sections e.g. Dish Washing Room is far away from Production Room.
3. Safety Devices /Safety Shoes, Uniforms etc./
4. Job Grade Issues
5. The Management and effects of Casual Employees
6. Employees Promotion
7. Management and Shop Stewards Regular Meetings.
8. Overtime payment/compensation for extra hour work.
Ato Habtom Naigzi has classified the raised outstanding issues into three as: Already Rectified but not properly communicated to concerned employees, On progress of Rectification and New issues and fruitful discussions have been made amongst the Shop Stewards and the Management.
On behalf of Ethiopian Airlines Basic Trade Union, Ato Wondwosen Getaneh, Chairman of the Union has made conclusive speech and extended his gratitude to the Management of the division particularly to Ato Habtom Naigzi for coordinating such fruitful visit and discussion meeting which could be taken as exemplary for other divisions.